Dear Southern Cross Family,
Another week has passed in the ongoing Coronavirus saga. As part of our Southern Cross Centre family we want to inform you of the latest developments. Many of you viewed the stream of last Sunday’s Worship Service. Because all church buildings, including churches, have been closed to public gatherings, a small dedicated team gathered last Sunday at 10:00 to record and stream our service from our premises in Balga.
We have been encouraged by a good deal of positive feedback. Over 900 viewers from all over Australia and the world watched the service. Many commented that the presentation and content were excellent and contributed to a real sense of worship in the Lord’s presence. Thanks to the team, especially Anthony and Dave, for their hard work.
This week, we will stream the service with a reduced production team. The current series on the Letter of James Series (James 5:1-12) continues with Andy Ward as our guest preacher. Communion will also be celebrated this Sunday. We urge that you set up and share communion with family in your home. Andy’s notes will be available to download from our Church Online page.
For the coming week, please note:
- Kindly check your emails regularly to receive updates on church related developments. If you cannot receive email, or your contact details have changed in the past year, please ring Bronwen at the church office on 6154 2921, or complete the contact form on our site.
- Last Sunday, some viewers indicated problems with accessing the live stream on their smart phones. If refreshing the page doesn’t work, please try your laptop, desktop computer, or a tablet. Alternatively, you can access our live stream by going directly to our facebook page.
- If you require pastoral support, or short term provisions, please get in contact with Marg Olsen using our new pastoral care email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are deeply grateful to all who give financially to the work of Southern Cross Centre through your tithes and offerings. Click here to give online.
- For any enquiries about Sozo or personal counselling please contact Bronwen at our office Tuesday to Friday 9:00 to 2:00.
- We urge our home group leaders to remain prayerful and keep in regular contact with members of your group.
- During this unprecedented time in our nation’s history, we urge you to reach out to others, stay connected, and above all, PRAY FERVENTLY and REGULARLY.
May our Lord continue to protect and provide for your family in every way. Next Sunday, April 12, we will celebrate Christ’s resurrection with Communion and a timely Easter Message of Hope.
Remember Our Love and Prayers are with you ALWAYS,
John and Alaine